The Audiology Service at the UW Medical Center Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery Center is dedicated to the identification, assessment and rehabilitation of patients with hearing disorders. Our audiologist function as independent practitioners who see patients referred for hearing evaluation and hearing rehabilitation services. Our audiologists also work as part of the Otology/Neurotology team to provide hearing assessments that assist our Otologist in the diagnosis of hearing disorders.
The Audiology Service offers a broad Spectrum of Services Covering all aspects of hearing assessment and rehabilitation.
Comprehensive hearing assessment includes:
- Pure-tone air –and bone-conduction testing, speech audiometry, and middle ear assessment using Immittance.
- Otoacoustic emissions to monitor cochlear function
- Extended high-frequency hearing assessment to monitor for ototoxicity
- Physiological testing of auditory brain function and facial nerve function
Comprehensive hearing rehabilitation services include:
- Hearing aid evaluation and dispensing
- Cochlear Implants
- BAHA- implantable devices for patients with middle ear disorders who cannot wear traditional hearing aids and for patients with single-sided deafness.
Making an Appointment
We welcome a referral from your physician for hearing assessment or rehabilitation services. You may also schedule an appointment directly with one of our audiologists. Check with your health care plan for details on coverage.
To fax documents, please use the clinic fax number: 206.598.6611