Hand, Elbow & Shoulder Center at UW Medical Center-Roosevelt
Make an Appointment
|Day of Week||Hours Open|
|Monday||8:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Tuesday||8:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Wednesday||8:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Thursday||8:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Friday||8:00 am - 5:00 pm|
If at any point your symptoms worsen or you feel like you are experiencing a medical emergency, call 911 or proceed to the nearest emergency room.
Services available at this location include:
- Elbow care
- Hand & wrist surgery
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Orthopedic surgery
- Shoulder and elbow surgery
- Shoulder care
Comprehensive orthopedic and musculoskeletal care
Located in the University District, the care team at the Hand, Elbow & Shoulder Center at UWMC-Roosevelt provides comprehensive orthopedic and musculoskeletal care, with the goal of helping you return to normal life activities.
Our board-certified specialists have experience treating complex injuries and chronic conditions. We perform surgery on the shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand, and minimally invasive shoulder and elbow arthroscopy.
The UW Medical Center-Roosevelt clinics are located at 4245 and 4225 Roosevelt Way N.E. The two red brick buildings are a few blocks northwest of the main medical center; 4245 (UWMC-Roosevelt II) is the northernmost of the two buildings. See map.
From Interstate 5:
- Exit at Northeast 45th Street and head east. If you are traveling I-5 northbound, turn right at the exit ramp onto 45th. If you are traveling on I-5 southbound, turn left onto 45th.
- From the freeway, travel four blocks and turn right onto Roosevelt Way, a one-way street.
- Continue two blocks. The buildings are on the right.
From Interstate 405:
- Take exit 14 (State Route 520), heading west to Seattle across the Lake Washington bridge.
- Merge onto Interstate 5 northbound and exit at Northeast 45th Street.
- Turn right at the exit ramp onto Northeast 45th, and travel four blocks.
- Turn right again, onto Roosevelt Way. The buildings will be on your right side, about two blocks down.
Free shuttle service is available between the medical center and the two Roosevelt buildings.
Several bus lines of King County Metro Transit serve Roosevelt Way and the surrounding neighborhood. Among them are routes No. 66, No. 67, No. 79 (north and southbound) and No. 355 (southbound only.
Use Metro's Trip Planner to learn which buses can help you get to the clinics, or call Metro, 206.553.3000, for assistance.
Both Roosevelt buildings have underground parking. Parking fees are discounted with clinic validation. Patients and their families can get their parking ticket stamped at their appointment site.
Both garages offer parking for people with impaired mobility. If your vehicle is larger than the garages' accommodations, designated disability spaces are available on the west side of the building and in the covered garage behind 4245 Roosevelt Way N.E.