Center for Weight Loss and Metabolic Surgery at UW Medical Center - Roosevelt
Make an Appointment
|Day of Week||Hours Open|
|Monday||8:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Tuesday||8:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Wednesday||8:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Thursday||8:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Friday||8:00 am - 5:00 pm|
If at any point your symptoms worsen or you feel like you are experiencing a medical emergency, call 911 or proceed to the nearest emergency room.
Services available at this location include:
- Bariatric surgery
- Weight loss management
Compassionate weight loss planning and treatment on Roosevelt
UW Medicine understands how important weight loss can be to our patients’ overall health. The Center for Weight Loss and Metabolic Surgery has been providing expert, compassionate care for more than 30 years and is a nationally recognized center for weight loss surgery. It is one of only six centers in the country funded by the National Institutes of Health to study outcomes of bariatric surgery.
To help patients stay on track and improve their health with a personalized weight loss solution, the center’s multidisciplinary team includes bariatric surgeons, endocrinologists, internal medicine physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, social workers and registered dietitians.
For patients beginning their weight loss journey, our team will evaluate their health status, weight history and lifestyle to recommend an optimal weight loss strategy. This may include intensive behavioral coaching, weight loss medications and/or recommendations for surgical intervention.
Our bariatric surgery program provides safe, effective metabolic weight loss procedures as well as comprehensive preoperative and postoperative care. We have expertise in gastric bypass, sleeve gastrectomy, complex revisional surgery and lap-band removal and revision. Nurse navigators assist patients in completing all necessary tests and appointments and are on point for patients’ questions and concerns. For patients who have had metabolic operations, our team will follow them for life to support maintaining a healthy weight long term.
Patients interested in meeting with one of our surgeons are required to attend or watch our bariatric seminar and take the seminar quiz prior to their appointment. Please contact our clinic to attend in-person, or watch the online version here.
In addition to bariatric surgery and behavioral coaching, our center offers topical classes, including one on portion control (watch the video here), and one-on-one visits with providers from various specialties to help patients achieve optimal lifestyle and diet. Our support groups help patients learn from each other’s experiences.
Bariatric Support Group:
- When: First Wednesday of the month, 5:30-7 p.m.
- Where: Center for Weight Loss and Metabolic Surgery lobby
- Exit at Northeast 45th Street and head east. If you are traveling I-5 northbound, turn right at the exit ramp onto 45th. If you are traveling on I-5 southbound, turn left onto 45th.
- From the freeway, travel four blocks and turn right onto Roosevelt Way, a one-way street.
- Continue two blocks. The buildings are on the right.
- Take exit 14 (State Route 520), heading west to Seattle across the Lake Washington bridge.
- Merge onto Interstate 5 northbound and exit at Northeast 45th Street.
- Turn right at the exit ramp onto Northeast 45th, and travel four blocks.
- Turn right again, onto Roosevelt Way. The buildings will be on your right side, about two blocks down.
Several bus lines of King County Metro Transit serve Roosevelt Way and the surrounding neighborhood. Among them are routes No. 66, No. 67, No. 79 (north and southbound) and No. 355 (southbound only).
Use Metro's Trip Planner to learn which buses can help you get to the clinics, or call Metro at 206.553.3000.
Both Roosevelt buildings have underground parking.