U-Link EMR access
U-Link provides free, secure, password-protected access for physicians and other licensed healthcare providers and your support staff to the electronic medical record (EMR) of patients whom you refer to UW Medicine or whom we refer to you.
Available through U-Link
U-Link provides access to the records of patients at:
- Harborview Medical Center
- UW Medical Center - Northwest — select outpatient clinics
- Seattle Cancer Care Alliance
- UW Medical Center
- UW Neighborhood Clinics
Records from Valley Medical Center, Seattle Children’s Hospital or inpatient records at UW Medical Center - Northwest are not currently available.
Records may include:
- Lab results
- Dictated notes and transcripts
- Medication lists
- Radiology reports
- Radiology scans and images
- Patient past and future visits
Upcoming changes for U-Link users
- In March, UW Medicine will be launching EpicCare Link which will replace U-Link. Enhancements include ease of access and improved records viewing.
- After Sept. 30, 2020, we will not be enrolling new U-Link users; existing users may continue to use U-Link and add patients.
- After Oct. 1, 2020, records can be obtained between O through the standard release of information process.
Get help with U-Link
Reset your password:
Reset it online, or call the IT Service Center at 206.221.5000 or 206.685.5352 (TTY), 24 hours a day. To protect patient records and comply with regulations, you must reset your U-Link password at least once a year.
Tell us about changes:
Group Reps: to keep your account active, you will complete an annual verification process. We’ll alert you via email and messages within the application about this process. Make sure you complete it within the timeframe we provide. If a member leaves your group or you have other practice changes, email us to update your record.
Questions about U-Link: