The UW Medicine Multiple Sclerosis Center, now located at Northwest Hospital & Medical Center, is formerly known as Western Multiple Sclerosis Center. It was established in 1977 at UW Medical Center as one of the first comprehensive MS centers in the country.
Our new, state of the art facility offers a full range of services for MS patients including diagnosis and treatment. Our healthcare providers
and staff are knowledgeable about current research methods, disease treatments, rehabilitation treatments and experimental treatments.
As part of the UW Medicine health system, the center draws from a broad band of practitioners’ knowledge, expertise and experience. In addition to physicians who specialize in MS, patients have access to professionals in many subspecialties and services:
Before your scheduled appointment at the UW Multiple Sclerosis Center, please bring the following:
- Physical therapists
- Occupational therapists
- Speech therapists
- Vocational and rehabilitation counselors
- Social workers
- Orthotics specialist
- Driver-training expert
- Nurse practitioner
- Clinicians trained in assistive technology and neuropsychology
- New Patient Forms (complete and bring with you)
- Picture ID and Insurance card
- Plan to arrive at the UW MS Center about 15 minutes before your first appointment to complete registration and check-in.
- Please allow Sixty to Ninety minutes for your first clinic visit.
- The UW MS Center has a teaching mission in addition to patient care. You may be seen by a medical student and/or resident as well as the attending physician
- Although we are located on NWH Campus, the MS Center has the same billing as UWMC. Patients who receive outpatient services will receive two bills:
- One bill from the physician or other provider (for the costs of his or her professional services).
- One bill from the hospital (for costs, i.e. building, equipment, supplies, staff time).
- Each of these bills may incur a co-payment or co-insurance responsibility for the patient.
- The exact dollar amount of the co-insurance or co-payment that will be required to pay to the hospital and the physician will depend upon the actual services provided to you during your first visit and the coverage provided by your insurance.
- When scheduling your appointment we will need 5 minutes of your time to collect previous health information to prepare for your visit. We will ask for your PCP,
- Previous specialists, and when/where any previous imaging was done.
The center is a member of the Consortium of Multiple Sclerosis Centers
and affiliated with the National Multiple Sclerosis Society
, the MS Association of King County and the local MS walk
For information about facility fees and hospital-billing, please visit our facility fee FAQs
Cricket McCleary, Clinic Manager
Dr. Shana Johnson, Medical Director
Dr. Annette Wundes, Medical Director
|Hours Of Operation |