At the Family Planning Clinic, part of the
Women's Health Care Center
, our health-care professionals provides individual care in a respectful, supportive, and friendly environment.
The UW Family Planning Clinic
- provides individual care in a respectful, supportive, and friendly environment.
- offers comprehensive family planning services for women who seek birth control options, elective abortion, treatment for miscarriage or fetal demise or surgical sterilization.
- provides family planning services to medically complicated patients who need expert advice, such as women with heart disease, cancer, auto-immune disease, kidney disease, bleeding disorders, pulmonary embolism, and seizure disorders.
- promotes research and resident physician education in the field of family planning.
- is integrated into the UW Women's Health Care Center (WHCC) at Roosevelt; confidentiality around what services you are accessing will be strictly maintained.
The UW Family Planning Clinic provides:
- Birth Control - all types –pills, patch, ring, Depo Provera Injection, implants and IUDs (this includes Mirena and Paragard IUDs, Implanon)
- High Risk Contraception - patients with complex or chronic medical conditions
- Emergency Contraception - "Plan B"
- Pregnancy Testing and Options Counseling
- Medical Abortion - the "Abortion Pill"
- First and Second Trimester Surgical Abortion Services
- Sterilization (tubal ligation)
- Medical & Surgical Management of Miscarriage
- Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) management
If you require a termination of pregnancy procedure in the first trimester of pregnancy, this often can be done in one day without a pre-procedure visit. If you require a termination of pregnancy procedure in the second trimester, you will need one or possibly two pre-procedural visits for cervical preparation.
The UW Family Planning Clinic accepts most insurance, DSHS (medical coupons) and self-payment. Patients should talk to their health insurance plans about eligibility and benefits.