The Endocrinology/Diabetes Clinic at Harborview provides care to patients for the evaluation, management and education of patients with diabetes type 1 and diabetes type 2, endocrine diseases (thyroid, adrenal, pituitary, lipid and gonads), hypercholestremia, hyperlipidemia and obesity. Lipid apheresis is provided for patients with otherwise unmanageable hypercholestremia/hyperlipidemia.
For primary obesity, please contact the Weight Regulation Diagnostic & Evaluation Center.Services
- Patient care coordinator assists with the delivery of medical care and access to health care. This may include accessing resources, scheduling appointments, and addressing financial and insurance concerns as needed.
- Certified diabetic education nurses provide diabetes education, management and support.
- Registered dietitians provide patient education, counseling and support for dietary needs for specific diagnoses.
- Social workers assist with community resources and emotional and financial support.
- Harborview's Patient and Family Resource Center offers classes and resources in the management of chronic conditions, especially diabetes.
The full services of UW Medicine are also available for other specialty services or hospitalization.
For information about facility fees and hospital-billing, please visit our
facility fee FAQs
To fax documents, please use the clinic fax number: 206.744.6985