UW Medicine is pleased to announce the development of its Adult Autism Clinic. UW Medicine has collaborated with the Seattle Children’s Autism Center to develop this service designed to meet the complex needs of individuals over 18 years of age with autism spectrum disorders. The clinic will open on a part-time basis on September 6, 2012, and will continue to phase in operations over the next year. During this period, UW Medicine will assess the various needs of patients and families and customize care management approaches to assure the best possible patient experience. We will also collaborate closely with Seattle Children’s to build on their broad expertise to tailor services to meet the needs of adult autism patients.
The Adult Autism Clinic is located on the 3rd floor of the UW Medical Center - Roosevelt Building at 4225 Roosevelt Way, Suite 306, in the Outpatient Psychiatry Clinic. This location provides convenient access to other UW Medicine diagnostic and clinic services, including women’s health, laboratory, radiology, pharmacy and internal medicine.
In this first phase, Dr. Gary Stobbe, neurologist and clinic medical director, will be assessing the health needs common to adults with autism spectrum disorders to determine those elements that can be met best within the clinic operation and by referral to other UW Medicine health care professionals. It is anticipated that key elements of the Adult Autism Clinic will include:
- Behavioral medicine services including medication management and mental health assessments
- Autism spectrum diagnostic evaluations
- Family support, resource identification, and social services for patients and their families
- Care management support to individuals and their families
- Support group meetings
- Educational programs led by experts in the field of autism and related disorders
To schedule your appointment, please call the clinic at 206.598.7792.Before your scheduled appointment at the UW Adult Autism Clinic, please complete the following forms and bring them with you
Other Forms to Bring
- Insurance card or current medical coupon
- Valid Photo ID
- Plan to arrive at the UW Adult Autism Clinic about 15 minutes before your first appointment to complete check-in.
- The UW Adult Autism Clinic has a teaching mission in addition to patient care. You may be seen by a resident as well as the attending physician or Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner.
- Patients who receive outpatient services at the University of Washington Medical Center (UWMC) receive two bills:
- One bill from the physician or other provider (for the costs of his or her professional services).
- One bill from the hospital (for costs, i.e. building, equipment, supplies, staff time).
- Each of these bills may incur a co-payment or co-insurance responsibility for the patient.
- The exact dollar amount of the co-insurance or co-payment that will be required to pay to the hospital and the physician will depend upon the actual services provided to you during your first visit and the coverage provided by your insurance.
- Fees for not-medically necessary and/ or cosmetic services remain the individual patient’s responsibility and will be collected at the time services are rendered.
facility and staff photos
To make an appointment, please call 206.598.7792 on .
To fax documents, please use the clinic fax number: 206.598.7794