The care and dedication of our more than 400 volunteers has a great impact on our diverse group of patients, families and staff. Volunteers at Harborview Medical Center have the chance to:
- Gain experience in a hospital setting, working side by side with leading health-care professionals
- Observe patient care in a high-volume medical center
- Gain satisfaction from helping others
- Build meaningful relationships
- Give back to the community
As an academic medical center, Harborview promotes a culture of education. If you are considering a career in health care, volunteering at Harborview is one of the best experiences you can have.
Volunteers are important participants in UW Medicine’s patient- and family-centered care initiative. Volunteers serve in many capacities: they provide clerical and office support, direct and transport patients and visitors, clean and restock materials on inpatient units, and serve as advocates for some of Seattle’s most vulnerable populations.