Dr. Swisher is a UW associate professor of obstetrics and gynecology and an adjunct associate professor of medical genetics. She is the medical director of…
Read Full Bio
Patient Care Philosophy
I want to provide women at high risk of cancer with the information and tools to understand and confront their risk, so they can live healthy lives free of cancer fears.
I believe in partnering with the patient to come up with the best personalized care plan and helping evolve that plan over time. I enjoy developing long-term patient relationships and helping patients face their cancer on their own terms.
I strive to provide my patients with access to cutting-edge clinical research trials.
Family, skiing, soccer, lacrosse, hiking, golf, photography and reading novels.
Hereditary and non-hereditary ovarian carcinoma; cancer genetics; and gynecological cancer prevention.
She has a particular clinical and research interest in cancer genetics and hereditary cancers and is medical director of the Breast and Ovarian Cancer Prevention Program at the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance.
She performs a wide range of gynecologic cancer surgeries and has expertise in minimally invasive surgery, including robotic surgery with the da Vinci system.
- Univ. of Calif. SOM, San DiegoMedical education1992
- UW - Dept. of Obstetrics & GynecologyInternship
- UW - Dept. of Obstetrics & GynecologyResidency
- Washington University SOMFellowship
- American Board of Obstetrics & GynecologyGynecologic Oncology2003
- American Board of Obstetrics & GynecologyObstetrics & Gynecology2001