Dr. Patterson is a psychologist and UW professor in the Department of Rehabilitation Medicine.
Dr. Patterson's clinical interests include consultation liaison for trauma patients, adjustment to burn trauma, rehabilitation, pain control, and ethics consultation.
His research interests include treating acute pain, long-term adjustment to burn injuries and other forms of trauma, and using hypnosis and virtual reality for pain control.
- Florida State Univ., Psychology DepartmentMedical education1982
- Univ. of Southern CaliforniaInternship
- Univ. of Southern California(BEFORE 1971 ONLY)Internship
- Emory University Program SOM Faculty Office BuildingFellowship
- Oregon Health Sciences UnivResidency