Background and instructions
UW Medicine has a required training for all medical students to learn about how to properly safeguard confidential information and comply with standards for personal accountability for data stewardship. After viewing the slideshow, review, sign and return a new Privacy, Confidentiality and Information Security (PCISA) form to Laura Ellis at SOMcompl@uw.edu.
E17 students will watch a recorded presentation on data stewardship during their first week of classes. MS2, MS3, and MS4 students will complete the requirement annually, in the fall.
Please complete the following in order to meet the UW Medicine data stewardship requirements:
- Review the slideshow on data stewardship.
- Once done viewing the slides, print and complete the PCISA FORM. Bring the signed original to the A-300 front desk, or fax to 206-543-9052, or scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail form to: ATT: Compliance, UWSOM Student Affairs, Suite A300, 1959 NE Pacific St., Box 356340, Seattle WA 98195.
- Please note that we can only accept original signatures—please do NOT send forms with electronic or typewritten signatures. Do NOT send photos of the document.
- E17 medical students need to complete the training by the July 7th compliance deadline.
- If you have follow-up questions on how to encrypt your devices, please refer to the following UW Medicine ITS Security webpage.