The UWSOM requires students to complete several trainings, certifications and immunizations in order to participate in the educational program.
Refer to the M.D. Program Handbook section on "prerequisites for participation in your medical school program."
Some of the requirements include:
- E21 Compliance Checklist
- TRUST Scholar Compliance Checklist
- Criminal background check
- UW Self Disclosure, Consent and Release of Information Form (PDF)
- HIPAA Training
- Data stewardship and the UW PCISA form
- Infection control training
- BLS for healthcare providers
- What to do in case of a needlestick/BBP exposure
- Drug testing for select clerkship rotations
- How to access your compliance documents