To transfer a patient, please fax the patient’s face sheet to 206.520.3252. Then, call the Transfer Center at 206.520.7575 or 877.520.7575 (toll-free), 24 hours a day.
The UW Medicine Transfer Center serves as a single point of contact for urgent and emergent transfer requests and physician-to-physician consultations. Specialty trained registered nurses are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to coordinate inter-facility transfers to UW Medicine.
How we can help
- Connect the outside hospital with the appropriate UW Medicine physician.
- Assist with Airlift Northwest air transport arrangements.
- Facilitate transfer of clinical documentation to ensure continuity of care.
- Provide you with contact information, for the physician admitting your patient.
- Keep you and your staff updated regarding arrangements for your patient.
Transfer a patient
Fax the following to 206.520.3252:
- Face sheet
- History and physical
- Pertinent imaging and labs
- Discharge summary
Call 206.520.7575 or 877.520.7575 and provide:
- Patient’s name and date of birth
- Referring physician’s name and phone number
- Referring facility name and phone number
- Diagnosis, acuity and current clinical condition
- Requested treatment and specialty service
- Information on whether you are requesting a consult or transfer
Anticipate discussing your patient’s condition with the UW Medicine attending physician. Decisions to transfer are evaluated based on the required level of care, capacity, approval of the accepting physician and other factors. See our clinical recommendations that have been developed to aid in the early identification and management of suspected sepsis.
UW Medicine’s preferred air transportation provider is Airlift Northwest. The Transfer Center can assist in activating Airlift Northwest.