The UW Neighborhood Northgate Clinic is a training site for the UW Family Medicine Residency program; creating a community-based training site for family medicine resident physicians. In addition to Family Medicine, the clinic hosts Fellows training in Sports Medicine, Global Health and Primary Care Research.
The UW Family Medicine Residency program was recently named the #1 Family Medicine Residency in the United States by U.S. News & World Reports.
What is a resident physician?
Resident physicians are doctors who have graduated from medical school and are in the process of completing his or her specialty training, leading to Board Certification. Residents care for patients under the guidance and supervision of a UW faculty physician.
Why should you see a resident physician?
- They have and continue to receive leading-edge medical training and information
- They can typically see you on short notice
- They work closely with other care team members to ensure that your healthcare needs are addressed in a timely manner.
- Two physicians will be involved with your visit; the resident doctor and the faculty physician.
U.S. News & World Reports released its 2018 rankings for top medical schools and the UW School of Medicine is ranked No. 1 in primary care training.
- Convenient hours six days a week with evening and same day appointments
- eCare, convenient access to your personal health information online that allows you to schedule or change appointments, e-mail your care team securely and privately, request medication refills, view your children’s health records, and access the Health Library to locate information.
- Electronic medical records, available instantly and confidentially throughout our UW Medicine Health System
- Medical care supported by the latest technology and research
- On-site lab and radiology
- Personal health-care planning and follow-up
- Acceptance of most major insurance plans
Resident physicians include:
- Patrick Callahan, M.D.
- Amelia Carr, M.D.
- Lamin Ceesay, M.D., M.B.A.
- Daniel Cornish, M.D.
- Patricia Egwuato, D.O.
- Taneev Escamilla, M.D.
- Elise Gelston, M.D.
- Eunice Fu, M.D.
- Nicole Gentile, M.D.
- Nicola Hyde, M.D.
- Justin Kappel, M.D., M.P.H.
- Sarah Kramer, M.D.
- Eric Li, M.D.
- Jamie MacArthur, M.D.
- Pauline Poysophon, M.D.
- Zoe Sansted, M.D.
- Sonali Sheth, M.D.
- David Siebert, M.D. (Fellow, Sports Medicine)
- Tara Simpson, M.D.
- Khamp Southisombath, M.D. (Fellow, Global Health)
- Lauren Webb, M.D.
To make an appointment with a resident at the UW Neighborhood Northgate Clinic, call 206.520.5000.