Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose and Throat) is a specialty service that encompasses disorders/conditions of the ear, nose, throat and related structures of the head and neck. Our highly trained surgeons, providers, speech pathologists, nurses and support staff strive to provide each patient with individualized treatment and information to support the healthiest outcome possible. A multidisciplinary team (physicians, physician assistants, nurses, patient care coordinators and audiologists) is available to assess and treat patients with any pathology/complaints related to Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery.
Complete audiology services including diagnostic hearing evaluations and hearing aid dispensing are also provided in this clinic. Our audiologists work to provide the latest in hearing aid technology. Our service also provides excellent support for patients who need pre-operative and post-operative planning and instruction. Diagnostic testing, consults, referrals and other services are provided by our highly skilled patient care coordinators.
At the completion of each visit an opinion regarding a diagnosis and treatment plan will be offered. The goal of our clinic team is to treat each patient with dignity and respect in an environment of compassion and healing.
General Otolaryngology/Ear Nose Throat (ENT)
Medical and surgical treatment of routine and complex ENT disorders, including:
- Sinus disorders including septal deviations, turbinate hypertrophy, chronic sinusitis/rhinitis and nasal polyposis.
- Throat disorders including tonsillitis, throat infections, chronic sore throat, throat lesions, hoarseness, airway disorders and gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Chronic nose bleeds
- Thyroid lesions/masses
- Salivary gland disease
- Evaluation of oral lesions
Otology Services (conditions related to the ear)/Audiology Services
Treatment of otologic conditions:
- Mastoiditis, otitis externa, otitis media, eustacian tube dysfunction, tympanic membrane perforation
- Vestibular problems/dizziness
- Hearing loss
- Hearing aid evaluation and fitting
- Differential diagnosis evaluations Otoacoustic emissions evaluations
- Drug ototoxicity monitoring
- Evaluation of middle ear function
Oncology Services (Treatment of head and neck cancers)
- Complete cancer workup including biopsy, diagnostic studies such as ultrasound, CT Scan, MRI)
- Surgical intervention including excision, excisional biopsy, microvascular surgery
- Referral to medical and radiation oncology in conjunction with Seattle Cancer Care Alliance
- Cancer surveillance
Facial Plastics Services
- Reconstructive maxillofacial surgery/repair of facial trauma
- Scar revision
- Nasal septal reconstruction
- Repair MOHS defects
Voice and Swallowing Clinic. A multidisciplinary clinic involving the departments of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery and Rehabilitative Medicine. We have the full capabilities of a diagnostic and therapeutic voice laboratory, including video vocal cord movement analysis (stroboscopy), and voice assessment. All patients are seen by a physician laryngologist and a speech pathologist.
Sleep Surgery Clinic. Provides the full spectrum of surgical evaluation and treatment for snoring and sleep apnea, including diagnostic office procedures (e.g., upper airway endoscopy, nasal function studies, vigilance testing, etc.); therapeutic office procedures (e.g., radiofrequency tissue reduction, snoring procedures, etc.); and the full range of surgical treatments (e.g., nose, palate, pharynx, tongue, larynx, facial bones and tracheotomy surgeries).
The Sleep Surgery Clinic is affiliated with the Harborview Sleep Disorders Center, providing a full multi-disciplinary approach to the care of patients with sleep apnea. The sleep surgery physicians work closely with the other providers in the Sleep Disorders Center.
For information about facility fees and hospital-billing, please visit our facility fee FAQs.
Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery Clinic at Harborview, 325 9th Avenue, Box 359894, Seattle, WA 98104
To fax documents, please use the clinic fax number: 206.744.8520