Metabolic Bone Disease Clinic at UWMC-Roosevelt
- Monday 8:00a - 5:00p
- Tuesday 8:00a - 5:00p
- Wednesday 8:00a - 5:00p
- Thursday 8:00a - 5:00p
- Friday 8:00a - 5:00p
- Saturday Closed
- Sunday Closed
206.598.4288 206.598.6360 fax
Clinic Services Header
Services offered at this clinic include:
- Metabolic bone disease
This clinic treats patients who have metabolic bone conditions such as thin, thick, soft, brittle or irregular bones—diseases caused by problems with mineral metabolism, nutrition or genetic disorders.
We also see patients with hyperparathyroidism, hypercalcemia, hypophosphatemia, hypophosphatasia, fibrous dysplasia and low bone density. Many of these diseases lead to fractures of the bones. Our goal is to prevent fractures and reduce bone pain.
The Metabolic Bone Disease Clinic measures bone density (DEXA) and offers additional diagnostic services for patients suffering from diseases such as osteoporosis.
Our multidisciplinary team provides nutritional advice, medications, physical therapy and prevention education to prevent falls and fractures. Surgery is sometimes recommended, in which case we partner with our patients and colleagues in orthopedic surgery to make the bone stronger so that surgery will be more successful.
Directions & Parking
- Exit at Northeast 45th Street and head east. If you are traveling I-5 northbound, turn right at the exit ramp onto 45th. If you are traveling on I-5 southbound, turn left onto 45th.
- From the freeway, travel four blocks and turn right onto Roosevelt Way, a one-way street.
- Continue two blocks. The buildings are on the right.
- Take exit 14 (State Route 520), heading west to Seattle across the Lake Washington bridge.
- Merge onto Interstate 5 northbound and exit at Northeast 45th Street.
- Turn right at the exit ramp onto Northeast 45th, and travel four blocks.
- Turn right again, onto Roosevelt Way. The buildings will be on your right side, about two blocks down.
Use Metro's Trip Planner to learn which buses can help you get to the clinics, or call Metro at 206.553.3000.