Anesthesiology Clinical Services at UWMC
Make an Appointment
This location is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
If at any point your symptoms worsen or you feel like you are experiencing a medical emergency, call 911 or proceed to the nearest emergency room.
Services available at this location include:
- Pain management
Full-spectrum anesthesia services and clinical research at UWMC
The Department of Anesthesiology & Pain Medicine Division at the University of Washington Medical Center provides a wide range of anesthesia services, leading-edge research and advances in various areas of anesthesia. Our anesthesiologists are experts in the most advanced anesthesiology and pain management options available.
Our clinical anesthesia services include:
- Preoperative medical/surgical evaluations
- General and regional anesthetics
- Labor epidurals
- Postoperative pain management
- Acute care services
- Moderate/deep sedation services
- Transplantation anesthesia for liver and kidney transplantation
We provide these services in both inpatient and outpatient settings:
- 28 operating rooms
- 11 out-of-OR locations
- 2 OR ambulatory surgical centers
- Surgical Intensive Care Units and Cardiothoracic Intensive Care Unit
- Preoperative Assessment Clinic
- Pain Management Center
We have several high-tier clinical and basic research programs. Many of our clinical anesthesiologists are actively engaged and funded by organizations such as the National Institutes of Health (NIH), Foundation for Education Research (NFER), and American Pain and Safety Foundation investigating drug safety, neural blockade in anesthesia, glucose homeostasis and management, and operating room science.