Mental Health and Addiction Services at Harborview
Make an Appointment
|Day of Week||Hours Open|
|Monday||8:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Tuesday||8:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Wednesday||8:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Thursday||8:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Friday||8:00 am - 5:00 pm|
If at any point your symptoms worsen or you feel like you are experiencing a medical emergency, call 911 or proceed to the nearest emergency room.
Services available at this location include:
- Care for substance abuse and addiction
- Depression and other mood disorders treatment
- Integrated behavioral health
- Medication management
- Outpatient mental health
- Personality disorders treatment
- Psychotherapy- individual and group
- Schizophrenia treatment
- Senior psychiatry (geriatrics)
- Suicide prevention
- Supported employment and housing services
Comprehensive mental health care services at Harborview
Located three blocks from the main hospital at Harborview Medical Center, Mental Health and Addictions Services (HMHAS) at Harborview provides integrated mental health and chemical dependency services in an outpatient setting.
Services include crisis intervention, psychiatric evaluation, psychotherapy, group treatment, case management, and geriatric psychiatry services, as well as treatment for individuals for co-occurring chemical dependency and mental health disorders and patients with comorbid medical issues.
Our dedicated staff includes board-certified psychiatrists, psychiatric residents, primary care physicians, nurses, case managers, peer support specialists, master’s level therapists and chemical dependency professionals.
Harborview Medical Center is at 325 Ninth Avenue, between Jefferson and Alder streets in Seattle’s First Hill neighborhood. Other clinical sites adjacent to the main medical center are the Ninth and Jefferson Building and Norm Maleng Building. The Patricia Steel Building is three blocks east of the medical center. See map denoting building locations.
- Exit at James Street.
- Turn uphill, heading east, and travel to Boren Avenue.
- Turn right on Boren, go one block and turn left on Jefferson Street.
- The parking garage entry is on the right.
King County Metro Transit provides regular bus service to Harborview (325 Ninth Ave.) on several routes, including the No. 3, No. 4 and No. 60. Use Metro's Trip Planner to learn which buses you can take to the medical center and other sites on its campus, which include the Norm Maleng Building, Ninth and Jefferson Building and Patricia Steel Building.
- View Park Garage/P1 on Eighth Avenue between Alder and Jefferson streets.
- Ninth and Jefferson Building garage/P2 on Terry Avenue between Jefferson and James Streets. The garages are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Patricia Bracelin Steel Building
The main entrance on Broadway includes a wheel-chair accessible ramp. Elevators are accessible from the underground parking level and from the main floor.
Harborview Medical Center and the Patricia Steel Building offer ramps at their main entrances. The Norm Maleng and Ninth and Jefferson buildings enable easy access for all visitors. Security personnel also are available to help people enter and leave facilities.
For after hours and emergency treatments, call the Community CareLine, 206.744.2500.