The care and dedication of our volunteers has a great impact on our diverse group of patients, families and staff. Volunteers at Harborview Medical Center have the chance to:
- Gain experience in a hospital setting, working side by side with leading health-care professionals
- Observe patient care in a high-volume medical center
- Gain satisfaction from helping others
- Build meaningful relationships
- Give back to the community
As an academic medical center, Harborview promotes a culture of education. If you are considering a career in health care, volunteering at Harborview is one of the best experiences you can have.
Volunteers are important participants in UW Medicine’s patient and family experience initiative. Volunteers serve in many capacities: they offer clerical and office assistance, direct and transport patients and visitors, clean and restock materials on inpatient units, and provide support to patients, visitors, and medical staff.
Harborview Medical Center is a King County owned property