This page contains the most current versions of some School of Medicine Financial Aid Forms. All of these forms, as well as some additional ones, are available in the Health Sciences Building, room T-557. The SOM Financial Aid staff are more than happy to walk you through filling one out if you need assistance.
Forms may be submitted to School of Medicine Financial Aid in T-557 or to the Office of Student Financial Aid at Schmitz Hall. We recommend submitting documents directly to T-557
University of Washington Financial Aid Forms
- Release of Information - This online form can be completed via a student's MyUW account and is only required if a Student wishes to give another person permission to discuss the Student's financial aid record with financial aid personnel. Permission must be submitted annually.
SOM Financial Aid - Revision Request regarding a change in Financial Situation
Check with SOM Financial Aid office to determine if you need to fill this form out. Available upon Request.
SOM Financial Aid - Revision Request for Additional Expenses
Available by request in our office or at
The following forms should only be submitted if requested by the main Office of Student Financial Aid or the School of Medicine Financial Aid Office. You can find them under
Graduate & Professional Forms, select the 'Verification' tab.
- Asset Summary Worksheet - Student
- Expense Resource Worksheet - Independent Student
- Household Size - Student
- Income Exclusion Worksheet - Student
- Non-Taxable Income Worksheet - Student
SOMFAO Document Submission Guidelines
The School of Medicine Financial Aid office accepts documents in person, by regular mail, and by fax. You may submit documents to either the SOM financial aid office or the main financial aid office. Please note that during times of high volume, the turn around time for processing can be up to 12 weeks, so it is imperative you submit documents (especially Verification documents) early.
Student's submitting documents should use their UW e-mail only, and send them to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org directly.
For all submitted documents, please ensure that:
- Your full name is clearly printed on the document
- You include your student number or social security number (if you do not have a student ID number yet).
read instructions carefully to ensure you have included all necessary documents. Missing or incomplete information may delay action on submitted paperwork.
Make copies for yourself prior to submitting your paperwork to us. For students at the Seattle Campus, copiers are available in the Health Sciences Library.
- Please note: SOM Scholarship Application documents should always be submitted
separately from other financial aid paperwork.
- Any documents submitted by email must be in
PDF format. Pictures/PDFs taken from your phone are not acceptable.