Renewing your CBC
The vendor currently used by the UW SOM to conduct criminal background checks (CBCs) is Certiphi Screening Inc. Students can log in to the Certiphi website and create an account. The SOM will automatically receive a copy of the report via the website.
Instructions for initiating your criminal background check online:
- Paste the following link into your browser: http://www.applicationstation.com
- Enter the Code: UWASHSOM in the Application Station Code field.
- Click the "SIGN UP NOW" button to create an account. Do not select “sign back in”. You will need to create a new user name and password each time you complete a new CBC application. Proceed with creating the username and password for your account.
- Follow the instructions on the Application Station web site.
- It may take a few days for the report to be completed. The UW SOM will receive a copy of your background check, it is not necessary to notify us of it's completion.
- If you have technical issues visiting the Application Station site, please contact Application Station Support at: 888.291.1369 x2006.
- You will be asked to authorize a $100 charge to your credit card. Most background checks cost around $70 depending on how many counties and aliases are listed. The difference will be refunded to your card after the report is completed. If you can’t remember your exact address just list the county and zip code.
- Please print the UW Self Disclosure, Consent and Release of Information form posted here. Send the signed original to the UW SOM via fax or mail or email it to email@example.com. Or drop it off at the A300 front desk. We can accept scanned copies in pdf format or photos of the document in jpeg format as long as it sent to us from your uw.edu email address. We can NOT accept typewritten signatures. UW Self Disclosure, Consent and Release of Information Form (PDF)
CBCs must be renewed prior to the start of the 6 week block in which the CBC expires (i.e., If the CBC expires in Spring A, CBC must be renewed prior to the start of Spring A.)
How to access your CBC on Evalue
- Log in to E*Value with your UW Net ID at http://www.uwmedicine.org/education/md-program/current-students/technology/e-value
- Select the "UWA, School of Medicine" program
- Select "Home" and then in the sub-menu select "Other tasks"
- Select "Personal Records Requirements"