Welcome to the Interpreter Services Department at UWMC
University of Washington Medical Center (UWMC) provides medical care for people with many different communication needs. Interpreter Services supports equal access to care by providing:
- Foreign language interpretation
- Translation of documents into foreign languages, Braille setting
- Disability accommodation , adaptive devices
- Patient navigation for immigrants and disabled patients
- Cultural consultation to providers and hospital staff
- Consultation on removing barriers to care for vulnerable populations
- Consultation on effective communication methods for all patients
Contact Interpreter Services
Patients, family members, hospital staff and general public can contact the Interpreter Services Department in a number of ways.
: see Patient Page
for telephone assistance lines to leave message in your language
Interpreter Services, UWMC
Box 356167, EE745
1959 NE Pacific Avenue
Seattle, WA 98195 Map and directions to UW Medical Center
The Interpreter Services department office is in Room EE745 on 7 East of the main UWMC hospital building. Use the Pacific Elevators.
Hours of operation Monday–Friday, 7 a.m.–5 p.m
Outside of these hours there is no way to leave a message for interpreter services by phone. Please use email to send us a message outside of these hours which we will see on the next business day.