The UW Medicine Maternal and Infant Care Clinic (MICC) for high-risk mothers provides consultation and continuity of care in the following specialized services:
Making a referral to the UW Medicine Maternal and Infant Care Clinic
Healthcare providers can refer patients by calling 206.598.4072 or by completing the
UW Medicine Referral Form
and faxing a referral request to 206.598.2359.
- Please provide as much information as possible in the "Reason for Referral" section.
- If there are additional referral forms or authorizations required by the applicable payer, please include them with the Referral Request Form at the time of referral.
- If your patient belongs to an HMO or managed care plan, ask your patient’s primary care provider to fax or mail the completed referral authorization form to us.
We must receive this form before the patient’s first visit..
Specialized High-Risk Obstetrics
The MICC also offers specialized obstetric services for high-risk maternal conditions including diabetes, hypertension, HIV, prematurity prevention and multiple gestations. You can reach us at 206.598.4072 from Monday to Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. If you need assistance after hours or on the weekend or holidays, call Medcon at 1.800.326.5300 and ask for the MICC doctor on call.
Prenatal Diagnosis, Perinatal Genetics and Fetal Therapy Program
The MICC provides the following services:
- integrated screening
- abnormal serum screen results
- family history of hereditary conditions
- ultrasound markers
- teratogen exposures
- chorionic villus sampling
You can reach the prenatal diagnosis, perinatal genetics and fetal therapy program at 206.598.8130 from Monday to Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. If you need assistance after hours or on the weekend or holidays, please call Medcon at 1.800.326.5300 and ask for the MICC doctor on call.
If you need to refer a patient for perinatal care, contact the UW Medical Center Perinatal Services Physician Liaison, Enedina Dumas, at
206.598.1944 for more information or assistance.
Making a Referral to UW Medicine Family Planning Clinic at Roosevelt
Healthcare providers can refer patients by calling 206.598.5500 or by completing the
UW Medicine Referral Form
(PDF) and faxing a referral request to 206.598.8722.
The Family Planning Clinic provides comprehensive birth control and pregnancy termination services. Contact the Women's Health Care Center Referral Coordinator, Debra Young, at 206.598.7743 or by fax at 206.598.6048 for more information or assistance.
Transferring your patient for admission to the UW Medicine Maternal Infant Center
Urgent, same-day referrals may be made through MedCon at
— 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can also consult with a perinatologist through MedCon at this number.
- You may fax your patient’s records to UWMC Labor and Delivery at 206.598.7664.
- After the transfer (if we have received your contact information), you can expect the following:
- Within 24 to 48 hours, you will receive by fax an admit note.
- After delivery, you will receive by fax a delivery summary and NICU admit note (if applicable).
- If you have not received this info, or have any concerns/questions, contact the Perinatal Services Physician Liaison, Enedina Dumas, at