RHC Rapid Access for Referring Providers: 1.866.UWHEART (894.3278)
The diagnosis and management of patients with congenital heart disease requires the collaborative efforts of specialists in different aspects of cardiology and related medical fields. At University of Washington Medical Center, we offer an integrated approach to these patients. We see patients at both University of Washington and Seattle Children's Hospital & Regional Medical Center.
- Expert consultation by a team of clinicians with advanced training in congenital heart disease
- Inpatient services for adults with congenital heart disease
- Expert surgical interventions, with collaboration between cardiac surgeons based at University of Washington Medical Center and Children's Hospital & Regional Medical Center
- Close collaboration with the high-risk obstetrical clinic to ensure an optimal maternal and fetal outcome for young women with congenital heart disease, as well as advice about contraceptive options and the potential risks of childbearing.
- Transition of care from pediatric cardiology to adult cardiology care
- Expert catheter procedures including non-surgical placement of heart valves, balloon valvuloplasty and percutaneous closure of cardiac defects
- Evaluation by our Arrhythmia Service for patients with arrhythmias, conduction abnormalities, pacemakers or defibrillators
- Expert transthoracic and transesophageal echocardiographic examinations
- Advanced imaging techniques including cardiac MRI
- Coumadin management via our pharmacologist-supervised Anticoagulation Clinic
- In those considering pregnancy, genetic evaluation and counseling through the UWMC Genetics Clinic
- For patients with severe heart failure, referral to our Heart Transplant Clinic to evaluate for possible heart and/or heart-lung transplantation
ACHD Providers at UWMC
Karen Stout, M.D., Director, ACHD Service
Eric Krieger, M.D.
Catherine Otto, M.D.
David Linker, M.D.
Edward Verrier, M.D., Director ACHD Cardiac Surgery
Thomas Jones, M.D., Interventional Cardiology
Stephen Seslar, M.D., Electrophysiology
- Jason Deen, M.D.
April Stempien-Otero, M.D., Heart Failure and Transplantation
Mary “Libs” Schlater, A.R.N.P.
Jilian Sachs, ACHD Program Coordinator at 206.598.1764, Fax: 206.598.7451
If you have any other questions or need further information, you may also contact the Regional Heart Center Physician Liaison, Laura Matheson, at