RHC Rapid Access for Referring Providers: 1.866.UWHEART (894.3278)
The diagnosis and management of patients with congenital heart disease requires the collaborative efforts of specialists in different aspects of cardiology and related medical fields. At University of Washington Medical Center, we offer an integrated approach to these patients. We see patients at both University of Washington Medical Center, Seattle Children's Hospital and at several satellite locations throughout Washington.
- Expert consultation by a team of clinicians with advanced training in adult congenital heart disease
- Inpatient services for adults with congenital heart disease
- Expert surgical interventions provided by dedicated congenital heart surgeons ,based at the University of Washington Medical Center and Seattle Children's Hospital
- Comprehensive adult congenital interventional program including: transcatheter pulmonic valve replacement, aortic valve replacement, valve-in-valve replacement, mitral valve repair, catheter closure of atrial septal defects, ventricular septal defects, patent ductus arteriosus, angioplasty and stenting of coarctation of the aorta, and other complex congenital interventions.
- Close collaboration with the high-risk obstetrical clinic to ensure an optimal maternal and fetal outcome for young women with congenital heart disease, as well as counseling about contraceptive options and the potential risks of childbearing.
- For patients with heart failure, referral to our Adult Congenital Heart Transplant Clinic to evaluate for mechanical circulatory support, possible heart and/or heart-lung transplantation Comprehensive Transition Program for adolescents transferring from pediatric cardiology to adult cardiology care
- Evaluation by our Arrhythmia Service for patients with arrhythmias, conduction abnormalities, pacemakers or defibrillators
- Expert transthoracic and transesophageal echocardiographic examinations
- Advanced cardiovascular imaging including cardiac MRI
- Anticoagulation management via our pharmacologist-supervised Anticoagulation Clinic
- Cardiac genetics diagnostics and counselling through the Center for Precision Diagnostics
ACHD Providers and Team Members at UWMC
- Karen Stout, M.D., Director, ACHD Program
- Eric Krieger, M.D., Associate Director, ACHD Program
- Jason Deen, M.D
- Edward Verrier, M.D., Director ACHD Cardiac Surgery
- Joshua Hermsen, M.D., Associate Director, ACHD Cardiac Surgery
- Jonathan Chen, M.D., Chief, Cardiac Surgery Seattle Children’s Hospital
- Thomas Jones, M.D., Interventional Cardiology
- Brian Morray, M.D. , Interventional Cardiology
- Stephen Seslar, M.D.,PhD Electrophysiology
- Melissa Robinson, M.D., Electrophysiology
- April Stempien-Otero, M.D., Advanced Heart Failure and Transplantation
- Elina Minami, M.D., Advanced Heart Failure and Transplantation
- Mary “Libs” Schlater, A.R.N.P.
- Amanda Meier, R.N.
- Brenda O’Connell, BSN, R.N.
- Jilian Sachs, ACHD Program Manager
- Cynthia DeVine, Patient Care Coordinator
- Alina Lutenco, Program Coordinator
Phone: 206.598.3734, Fax: 206.598.7451
ACHD Program Inquiries
Phone: 206.598.1764, Fax: 206.598.7451, firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any other questions or need further information, you may also contact the Regional Heart Center Physician Liaison at email@example.com or 206.598.3473.