The Clinical Research Budget & Billing (CRBB) support office provides budget review and preparation, budget negotiation with industry sponsors, and billing support to clinical research investigators and staff.
The scope of clinical research studies that must be reviewed by CRBB are those that are contracted through the University of Washington that include clinical services, items or tests that are provided by UW Physicians, Seattle Cancer Care Alliance or UW Medicine hospitals or clinics, including UW Medical Center, Harborview Medical Center, Eastside Specialty Center, Hall Health Primary Care Center and Sports Medicine Clinic.
CRBB provides centralized pre- and post-award support for investigators and research staff and is responsible for:
- Establishing and maintaining procedures for clinical research budgeting and billing
- Providing education and outreach regarding clinical research billing procedures
- Providing technical assistance, advice, tools and resources to PIs, study coordinators, staff at study sites and department administrators regarding third party payer reimbursement, budget development and billing, and Clinical Trials Policy (CTP) coverage analyses
- Allocating study charges to research study accounts
- Maintaining inventories of clinical research studies and study subjects reported by research study teams
- Reporting unresolved billing concerns to appropriate compliance offices
Additionally, CRBB is working in collaboration with the other UW research offices to simplify clinical research study start up processes and improve communications.
CRBB is committed to providing researchers with the best service possible and to ensuring success in the clinical research efforts at the UW and its many sites of practice.
Links of Interest
- CRBB Home – The CRBB web site (requires UW NetID) contains policy statements, tools and resources, and training details.
- Clinical Trials Guidance and Policy – Describes the administrative start-up process for clinical trials and other practical information relating to clinical research.
Box 358048Seattle, WA 98195-8048
UW Medicine at South Lake UnionAdministrative Bldg, 3rd Floor815 Mercer St.
Seattle, WA 98109-4714