The Clinical Research Budget & Billing (CRBB) support office provides budget review and preparation, budget negotiation with industry sponsors, and billing support to clinical research investigators and staff.
The scope of clinical research studies that must be reviewed by CRBB are those that utilize the services of a member of UW Physicians regardless of the site of practice, or studies involving patients or study subject services items or tests that are provided by a facility that bills through UW Medicine Patient Financial Services or CRBB.
CRBB provides centralized pre- and post-award support for investigators and research staff and is responsible for:
- Establishing and maintaining procedures for clinical research budgeting and billing
- Providing education and outreach regarding clinical research billing procedures
- Providing technical assistance, advice, tools and resources to PIs, study coordinators, staff at study sites and department administrators regarding third party payer reimbursement, budget development and billing, and Clinical Trials Policy (CTP) coverage analyses
- Allocating study charges to research study accounts
- Maintaining inventories of clinical research studies and study subjects reported by research study teams
- Reporting unresolved billing concerns to appropriate compliance offices
Additionally, CRBB is working in collaboration with the other offices across UW Medicine to simplify clinical research study start up processes and to improve communications.
CRBB is committed to providing researchers with the best service possible and to ensuring success in the clinical research efforts at the UW and its many sites of practice.
Links of Interest
- CRBB Home – The CRBB web site (requires UW NetID) contains policy statements, tools and resources, and training details.
Clinical Research Billing
Clinical Research Budgeting
Seattle, WA 98195-8048
UW Medicine at South Lake Union
Administrative Bldg, 4th Floor
850 Republican St.
Seattle, WA 98109-4714