Thank you for your interest in the 2015 UW Medicine EMS & Trauma Conference. This two-day multidisciplinary conference highlights current issues in trauma care throughout the continuum: pre-hospital, emergency, critical care, acute care and rehabilitation. Nationally recognized speakers and local experts in trauma care will present topics pertinent to nurses, physicians, paramedics, social workers, program managers and other healthcare professionals.
The conference is sponsored annually by Airlift Northwest and Harborview Medical Center, the designated Level I trauma center for Washington State, as well as the trauma and burn referral center for Washington, Alaska, Montana and Idaho (WAMI). This year's conference is scheduled for September 28-29, 2015 at:
The conference will feature presentations by world renowned trauma experts, including UW Medicine surgeons and physicians.
- Identify critical concerns in the continuum of care for adult and pediatric trauma patients and describe situations where triage to higher levels of care may be indicated.
- Identify the psychosocial needs of trauma patients and their families and state interventions that may be implemented in community facilities to minimize impact of identified concerns.
- Discuss new modalities and cutting-edge advances in trauma care.
- Identify recent evidence to answer questions of trauma care previously only practiced by tradition.
- Discuss methods to provide effective and evidence based best practice trauma care even in rural environments with limited personnel and equipment.
- Explore the impact of effective team communication on patient safety and efficient care during trauma resuscitation.
Save The Date!
The 2015 UW Medicine EMS & Trauma Conference
September 28-29, 2015
Hilton Seattle Airport & Conference Center
17620 International Boulevard
Seattle, WA 98188