UW Medicine EMS & Trauma Conference 2016
September 26 & 27, 2016
The course is sponsored annually by Harborview Medical Center and Airlift Northwest. Harborview is the designated Level I trauma center for Washington State as well as the trauma and burn referral center for Washington, Alaska, Montana, and Idaho (WAMI).This two-day multi-disciplinary conference highlights current issues in trauma care throughout the continuum: pre-hospital, emergency, critical care, acute care and rehabilitation. Nationally recognized speakers and local experts in trauma care will present topics pertinent to nurses, physicians, paramedics, social workers, program managers and other healthcare providers.
- Identify critical concerns in the continuum of care for adult and pediatric trauma patients and describe situations where triage to higher levels of care may be indicated.
- Identify the psychosocial needs of trauma patients and their families and state interventions that may be implemented in community facilities to minimize impact of identified concerns.
- Discuss new modalities and cutting-edge advances in trauma care.
- Identify recent evidence to answer questions of trauma care previously only practiced by tradition.
- Discuss methods to provide effective and evidence-based best practice trauma care even in rural environments with limited personnel and equipment.
- State the principles of effective disaster management and patient triage during response to a mass-casualty incident.
The conference is recommended for all healthcare and prehospital providers
The University of Washington School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Washington School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of
12.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Nursing CEU Information: This course has been applied for 12 Contact Hours. Harborview Clinical Education is a Continuing Education Provider through the State of California Board of Registered Nursing. Provider #CEP13773
Gold Level Exhibitors
We would like to thank the following primary trauma conference exhibitors for their continued support of this event:
Silver Level Exhibitors