UW Medicine EMS & Trauma Conference 2017
September 25 & 26, 2017
DoubleTree Hotel Seattle Airport, Seattle, Washington
Sponsored by Harborview Medical Center and Airlift Northwest
Current Practices in Adult and Pediatric Trauma
This two-day multi-disciplinary conference is sponsored annually by Harborview Medical Center and Airlift Northwest. Harborview is the designated Level I trauma center for Washington State as well as the trauma and burn referral center for Washington, Alaska, Montana and Idaho (WAMI).
The conference highlights current issues in trauma care throughout the continuum: pre-hospital, emergency, critical care, acute care and rehabilitation. Nationally recognized speakers and local experts in trauma care will present topics pertinent to nurses, physicians, paramedics, social workers, program managers and other healthcare providers.
- Identify critical concerns in the continuum of care for adult and pediatric trauma patients and describe situations where triage to higher levels of care may be indicated.
- Discuss new modalities and cutting-edge advances in trauma care in both pre-hospital and hospital environments.
- Identify recent evidence to answer questions of trauma care previously only practiced by tradition.
- State the principles of effective disaster management and patient triage during response to a mass-casualty incident.
- State legislative, community based and individual strategies to reduce the incidence of firearm injuries.
The conference is recommended for all healthcare and pre-hospital providers.
Provider CME Information: The University of Washington School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Washington School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 12.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Nursing CEU Information: This course has been applied for 12 Contact Hours. Harborview Clinical Education is a Continuing Education Provider through the State of California Board of Registered Nursing. Provider #CEP13773