If you already have a U-Link account, to access the log-in page go to http://ulink.uwmedicine.org. We recommend that you add this URL to your bookmarked websites. To enroll in U-Link please read below.
U-Link Program Description
U-Link is a secure password-protected internet portal that allows non-UWMC referring physicians, other licensed referring healthcare practitioners, and their support staff to access the medical records of the patients that they refer to us, or that we refer to them. U-Link provides access to the records of patients at UW Medical Center (UWMC), Harborview Medical Center (HMC) and Seattle Cancer Care Alliance (SCCA).
Eligibility for U-Link
This convenient, free service is designed specifically for referring physicians and other licensed healthcare practitioners who are providing direct patient care. Other clinicians and staff who work for a practice may also enroll as part of a U-Link Group Account as long as there is at least one enrollee who is a licensed practitioner with a registered NPI.
Benefits of U-Link
U-Link allows you to follow your patient's progress by viewing the same electronic medical record that UW Medicine physicians and medical staff use. This communication of patient records can result in enhanced provider-to-provider communication and improved continuity of patient care.
- Patient records are available as soon as they are dictated, transcribed and uploaded, usually within 48 hours. This will save you time in requesting and receiving faxed or mailed records.
- Printed records are not mailed or faxed until they are authenticated by the attending physicians (which can take up to two weeks to be received by mail or fax).
- You will have access to the same records to which UWMC medical providers and medical staff have access. This includes records such as:
- Lab results
- Dictated notes and transcripts
- Medication lists
- Radiology reports and images
How to Enroll
- Download the U-Link Enrollment form (PDF) and print it.
- Completely fill out and sign the U-Link form, returning it via fax or mail (contact info is on the form).
- If you want to share access to your patient’s medical records with other clinicians and/or support staff, you can sign up for a Group Account by adding all of the enrollees to one U-Link enrollment form.
- On the enrollment form, the Practice Point of Contact (e.g. office manager, referral coordinator, etc.), should be the person we would contact if we have questions or to communicate enrollment updates. The Group Representative should be one of the practitioners or staff members who will be enrolling in and using U-Link most frequently, AND will be responsible for providing verification for continued access for each of the members of the Group Account. It is certainly acceptable for the Group Representative to also be the Point of Contact if so desired.
- A U-Link representative will contact you via email to explain the identity verification steps required to obtain a UW Net ID and password for U-Link access, and how to begin using U-Link.
Accessing Your Patients’ Records
You will have access to patients who you have referred to us, or patients we have referred to you. Patients who are referred by other clinicians in your practice can also be accessed if the group enrolls in a Group Account. Any U-Link user in your Group Account can also add any patient you are treating by clicking on the “Add/Remove” patients tab and completing the request form.
Radiology Reports and Images
You will have access through U-Link to your patient’s radiology reports, and you can access scans and images through UWMC’s and HMC’s PACs system.
There is no email service within U-Link; however, U-Link has an optional set of emails which, when activated by you as a U-Link user, will alert you that certain patient “events” have occurred. These events include notification that an admission or discharge has occurred and that certain reports are available.
Patient records can be printed or copied as needed.
To ask about U-Link or to request enrollment forms, please contact:
Physician Liaison Program
206.598.5693 or UWMCPL@u.washington.edu