Concussions can happen to any athlete, even without losing consciousness. Prevention and proper treatment are essential.
Seek medical care immediately if you or your children experience any of these symptoms after a blow or jolt to the head. Never ignore a concussion.
- Nausea or vomiting
- Balance problems or dizziness
- Double or fuzzy vision
- Sensitivity to light or noise
- Feeling sluggish, foggy or groggy
- Concentration, amnesia or memory problems, including forgetting game plays
- Confusion or disorientation
- Ringing in the ears
- Lack of feeling or emotion
- Abnormal sleepiness