We are pleased to offer adolescent and teen obstetrical care at the University of Washington Maternal and Infant Care Clinic
and Women's Health Care Center at Roosevelt
. We recognize that there are unique medical, emotional and social concerns facing pregnant teenagers. Our goal is to provide comprehensive care for young women, their partners and families.
Our services include:
- A dedicated obstetrician, who has subspecialty training in pediatric and adolescent gynecology.
- A team approach to providing care, with a nurse, MA, dietician, and social worker, in clinic daily. All of these providers have experience working with pregnant teens.
- Pregnancy options counseling.
- Support of educational and career goals.
- Education, resources and classes specifically developed for teens.
- High-risk obstetrician consultation for teenagers with complicated medical issues or high-risk pregnancies.
- Easy access to a program nurse for questions or concerns.
Who should consider the Teen Pregnancy Clinic?
The program is open to all women in early or late adolescence. Depending on specific needs, we are able to accommodate patients up to age 24. We also have specific childbirth classes just for teens, including those receiving care outside of the UW system.