Family Planning at UW Medicine takes place at the Family Planning Clinic, part of the Women's Health Care Center at UWMC-Roosevelt.
At the Family Planning Clinic, director of family planning Dr. Sarah Prager and a team of health-care professionals provide individual care in a respectful, supportive, and friendly environment.
We offer comprehensive and expert family planning services for women who seek birth control options, elective abortion, treatment for miscarriage or fetal demise, and for women who desire termination of pregnancy due to fetal anomalies or maternal health conditions. Additionally, our genetic counselors and social workers offer expert decision and process support.
Because the Family Planning Clinic is fully integrated into the UW Women's Health Care Center; patients are not identified as seeking termination of pregnancy.
* If you require a termination of pregnancy procedure in the first trimester of pregnancy, this often can be done in one day without a pre-procedure visit. If you require a termination of pregnancy procedure in the second trimester, you will need one or possibly two pre-procedural visits for cervical preparation.
- Birth control (all types, including IUDs, pills, patch, and implants)
- Complex contraception for patients with complex or chronic medical conditions
- Emergency contraception ("Plan B")
- Pregnancy testing and options counseling
- Medical abortion ("Abortion Pill")
- First and second trimester surgical abortion services*
- Sterilization (tubal ligation, Essure tubal occlusion)
- Medical and surgical management of miscarriage
- Sexually transmitted infection (STI) management
- Interpreter services for non-English-speaking patients