About this Clinic
The Outpatient Psychiatry Clinic at UWMC-Roosevelt provides consultation for adults 18 and older who do not require case management or social work services.
- Consultations with treatment recommendations
- Short-term medication management
- Short-term psychotherapy with referral to community resources for longer term therapy
- Coordination of care with primary care physicians
This clinic primarily serves patients referred from within UW Medical Center and provides a setting for psychology and psychiatry residents to learn under the supervision of attending faculty members. This clinic does not provide services related to court orders, mandated evaluations, disability evaluations or labor and industry mandated evaluations.
Before your scheduled appointment at the UW Outpatient Psychiatry Clinic, please complete the following forms and bring them with you
Other Forms to Bring
- Insurance card or current medical coupon
- Valid Photo ID
- Plan to arrive at the UW Outpatient Psychiatry Clinic about 15 minutes before your first appointment to complete check-in.
- The UW Outpatient Psychiatry Clinic has a teaching mission in addition to patient care. You may be seen by a resident as well as the attending physician.
- Patients who receive outpatient services at the University of Washington Medical Center (UWMC) receive two bills:
- One bill from the physician or other provider (for the costs of his or her professional services).
- One bill from the hospital (for costs, i.e. building, equipment, supplies, staff time).
- Each of these bills may incur a co-payment or co-insurance responsibility for the patient.
- The exact dollar amount of the co-insurance or co-payment that will be required to pay to the hospital and the physician will depend upon the actual services provided to you during your first visit and the coverage provided by your insurance.
- Fees for not-medically necessary and/ or cosmetic services remain the individual patient’s responsibility and will be collected at the time services are rendered.
For information about facility fees and hospital-billing, please visit our facility fee FAQs
The UW Medical Center-Roosevelt clinics are located at 4245 and 4225 Roosevelt Way N.E. The two red brick buildings are a few blocks northwest of the main medical center; 4225 (UWMC-Roosevelt I) is the southernmost of the two buildings. See map
From Interstate 5:
- Exit at Northeast 45th Street and head east. If you are traveling I-5 northbound, turn right at the exit ramp onto 45th. If you are traveling on I-5 southbound, turn left onto 45th.
- From the freeway, travel four blocks and turn right onto Roosevelt Way, a one-way street.
- Continue two blocks. The buildings are on the right.
From Interstate 405:
- Take exit 14 (State Route 520), heading west to Seattle across the Lake Washington bridge.
- Merge onto Interstate 5 northbound and exit at Northeast 45th Street.
- Turn right at the exit ramp onto Northeast 45th, and travel four blocks.
- Turn right again, onto Roosevelt Way. The buildings will be on your right side, about two blocks down.
Free shuttle service is available between the medical center and the two Roosevelt buildings.
Questions regarding referrals, managed care and insurance coverage may be directed to 206.598.7364.
Internal UW Medicine health-care professionals should refer patients via EPIC. External health-care professionals making a referral should fax a UW Medicine referral request (PDF) to 206.598.7794
To refer a patient, use the UW Medicine referral form