How to Make an Appointment
Primary Care - Routine Care or Wellness Visits
- Schedule directly with your provider online through UW Medicine eCare.
- Call the UW Medicine Contact Center at 206.520.5000. Hours of operation are Monday - Friday:
6:30 a.m. to
8 p.m., Saturday:
7 a.m. to
8 p.m., and Sunday:
8 a.m. to
Request an appointment online
No Appointments Necessary
What if I need to cancel an appointment?
If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, please do so at least 24 hours in advance. To cancel an appointment:
- Call the Contact Center
- Cancel and reschedule in
For your convenience, UW Neighborhood Clinics allow family members to make appointments or inquire about the appointment times for their children, parents and spouses. If you do not want us to share appointment information with family members, please notify us at the time of your registration or visit.
If you would like to give your care team permission to talk with your family members about your care when you are not present, you will be asked to sign a form that allows us to do to.
How to Get the Most from Your Appointments
Preparing for Your Appointment
- Make a prioritized list of questions and/or of persistent illnesses or significant differences in how you feel since the last time you saw your provider.
- Bring your current medications, herbal supplements and vitamins in their containers.
- If it will be helpful, bring a trusted family member or friend with you.
- If you are a new patient, bring in a list of other care providers you have seen in the past or outside of our clinic. Our ability to fully understand your medical history will improve the care we can provide.
- If necessary, have someone present to supervise your children. Our clinics do not provide supervision for children left unattended in the lobby, but we are concerned for their safety during your visit.
Arrive 10-15 minutes prior to your appointment
If you are more than 10 minutes late, we will make every attempt to still see you; but we may need to reschedule your appointment.
Be prepared to provide your:
Co-pay (We accept personal checks, MasterCard, Visa, American Express, and Discover Card)
- Late Arrivals -If you are more than 10 minutes late to your appointment, our healthcare professional may not be able to see you. We will make every effort to meet your needs, but your appointment may need to be rescheduled.
During Your Appointment
Write down the names of your care team members.
Ask the questions on your list and/or review the significant illnesses or differences since your last visit.
Share information openly. Don't hold back on sharing information that may seem embarrassing—your privacy is important to us and we protect it.
Ask for medication refills if you will run out before your next appointment.
Use your own words to repeat back the things you've discussed with your care team.
Make sure you understand the instructions in your After Visit Summary (AVS).
After Your Appointment
Follow through on the instructions noted in your AVS.
If you do not understand any aspect of the instructions given to you, call the clinic to ask for clarification.