The Jefferson Terrace Medical Respite Program
provides recuperative care for homeless men and women who are too sick for the streets or shelters but not sick enough to be admitted to the hospital.
- Patients must be in need of on-going nursing care for an acute problem
- Patients must be referred by a medical provider, hospital, emergency department or clinic.
- For more information about Jefferson Terrace Medical Respite Program admission please download the
Respite Admissions Criteria Fact Sheet (PDF).
The respite medical team is comprised of:
- a medical director
- registered nurses
- medical assistants
The mental health team is comprised of:
- a psychiatrist
- mental health practitioners
- mental health specialists
These two groups work together to resolve medical problems; assess and treat patients for mental illness and/or chemical dependency problems; and connect patients to primary care, public funding and housing.
The Respite Program is operated by Harborview Medical Center under a contract with Seattle - King County Public Health.
Other affiliations include:
- St. Francis Hospital
- Evergreen Medical Center
- Virginia Mason Medical Center
- Swedish Medical Center
- University of Washington Medical Center
- Valley Medical Center
- the Veterans Affairs Medical Center.
Making Referrals to Jefferson Terrace Medical Respite Program
To make a referral to the Respite Program, please call the Harborview operator at 206.744.3000. Ask the operator to page the Respite screener. The screener will then call the inquirer back directly. A Respite Referral Form
needs to be filled out completely and faxed to the screener at 206.744.5233.
Referral Instructions can also be found by clicking on the gold Referral Instructions tab to the right of this page.
To fax documents, please use the clinic fax number: 206.744.5233