Why do I need to wear a compression garment after liposuction?
Wearing a compression garment after surgery helps reduce swelling, improve comfort, and can help with shaping.
How long do I need to wear the garment?
- From day of surgery to 2 weeks after surgery - wear at all times other than showering
- From 2 weeks after surgery to 4 weeks after surgery - wear at least 50% of the time (day or night)
- From 4 weeks after surgery to 6 weeks after - wear during strenuous activity
What do I need to do before surgery?
- Purchase the garment you were advised to get.
- If you need help with sizing, use the online company customer service.
- Bring your garment with you the day of surgery.
How do I know what size to get?
- Use your pre-op measurements for waist/ hip for body girdles
- Use rib cage circumference for breast reduction bra (and order c/d cup size)
- Use your rib cage circumference for male compression vest
- Use you low hip circumference for abdominal binder