The Esophageal and Gastric Diseases Clinic at UWMC is a multidisciplinary clinic that provides a a variety of tests and surgical consultation to evaluate the function of the digestive tract with a focus on the esophagus and the stomach. Our team offers evaluation for many symptoms, including those related to:
Forms to Bring
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Hiatal/paraesophageal hernias
- Diverticulum - Zenkers and Epiphrenic
- Esophageal and gastric cancer
New Patient Health History Form
Medication History -- (Spanish version also available)
- Insurance card or current medical coupon. You may not be seen without proper authorization from your primary care physician where needed or a current medical coupon when required.
- Relevant medical records with you or ask your referring physician to mail or fax them to us.
Address: UWMC Surgical Specialties Center, Box 356165 1959 NE Pacific Street, Seattle WA 98195.
- FAX (206) 598-6705.
- Plan to arrive at the UWMC Surgical Specialties Center about 20 minutes before your first appointment to complete registration and check-in.
- Some of our patients have complex problems causing us to run behind schedule. Please allow two hours for your clinic visit.
- The UWMC Surgical Specialties Center has a teaching mission in addition to patient care. You may be seen by a medical student and/or resident as well as the attending physician.
- Patients who receive outpatient services at the University of Washington Medical Center (UWMC) receive two bills:
- One bill from the physician or other provider (for the costs of his or her professional services).
- One bill from the hospital (for costs, i.e. building, equipment, supplies, staff time).
- Each of these bills may incur a co-payment or co-insurance responsibility for the patient.
- The exact dollar amount of the co-insurance or co-payment that will be required to pay to the hospital and the physician will depend upon the actual services provided to you during your first visit and the coverage provided by your insurance.
- Fees for not-medically necessary and/ or cosmetic services remain the individual patient’s responsibility and will be collected at the time services are rendered.
Conditions and Treatments
For information about facility fees and hospital-billing, please visit our
facility fee FAQs
To fax documents, please use the clinic fax number: 206.598.6705