About the Workshop
This faculty development workshop is open to all physicians, physician assistants and nurse practitioners who teach. After attending this workshop you will be able to:
- Identify teaching and learning preferences
- Identify and apply teaching strengths
- Formulate strategies for teaching “difficult” learners
- Formulate strategies for efficient teaching in brief encounters
- Leverage stressful teaching situations to maximize learning
- Apply learner and patient-centered concepts in challenging teaching situations
- Deconstruct clinical behaviors and skills to identify specific opportunities for feedback
- Identify basic and advanced skills for learners counseling patients on medication usage
- Construct a framework for analyzing competencies and Entrustable Professional Activities (EPAs) with direct observation
Idaho WWAMI would like to recognize and thank our sponsors and community partners for their generous support. This type of educational offering would not be possible without the ongoing support from all of our sponsors and partners in education.
The Ada Canyon Medical Education Consortium is accredited by the Idaho Medical Association and the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The Ada Canyon Medical Education Consortium designates this live activity for a maximum of 5.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) TM . Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This workshop requires pre-registration. Cost to attend is $50.00 per person. Cost of registration includes continental breakfast, lunch, snacks, conference materials and personalized personality test results (confidential only to participant).
Contact Adriana Olivas if you have any questions about the workshop, registration or lodging via e-mail email@example.com
or phone 208-364-4544.
Brought to you by