Renewing your CBC
The vendor currently used by the UW SOM to conduct criminal background checks (CBCs) is Certiphi Screening Inc. Students can log in to the Certiphi website and create an account. The SOM will automatically receive a copy of the report via the website.
Instructions for initiating your criminal background check online:
1. Paste the following link into your browser: http://www.applicationstation.com
2. Enter the Code: UWASHSOM in the Application Station Code field.
3. Click the "SIGN UP NOW" button to create an account (if you have completed a cbc through Certiphi in the past, create a different user name than before).
4. Follow the instructions on the Application Station web site.
5. It may take a few days for the report to be completed. The UW SOM will receive a copy of your background check, it is not necessary to notify us of it's completion.
6. If you have technical issues visiting the Application Station site, please contact Application Station Support at: 888.291.1369 x2006.
7. Please print the UW Self Disclosure, Consent and Release of Information form posted here. Send the signed original to the UW SOM via fax or mail. Or drop it off at the A300 front desk. We can accept scanned copies in pdf format but do not use an electronic signature. Photos of the document are not acceptable. UW Self Disclosure, Consent and Release of Information Form (PDF)
CBCs must be renewed prior to the start of the 6 week block in which the CBC expires (i.e., If the CBC expires in Spring A, CBC must be renewed prior to the start of Spring A.)
Instructions for checking your compliance due dates on Evalue (PDF)