Residents and fellows are given three parking options at Harborview.
- Pay Per Use Parking (PPUP): Residents and fellows must first apply for a UWMC PPUP pass by contacting the UW Commuter Services Office at 206.685.1543 before applying for a Harborview pass. With the PPUP Program, residents and fellows may park in any Harborview garage (locations are listed below). PPUP is deducted from your paycheck for each use. A “use” at Harborview is defined as a 24-hour period starting at the time you first enter the parking lot and includes in-and-out privileges. The daily parking rate for PPUP is $8.75/day (equal to 1/20th of the monthly parking rate). Harborview caps the total PPUP charges at the Harborview monthly parking rate.
- Monthly Parking, Single Occupancy Vehicle (SOV): This option is paid per month either in person, or by payroll deduction at the Harborview Parking and Commuter Services office. The monthly rate effective July 1, 2009 is $175/month. Payroll deduction is taken out pre-tax.
- Single Day Use: Single day use is charged at the daily PPUP rate and is only available in the View Park and Patricia Bracelin Steel Building parking garages. You are to pull a ticket upon entering the garage and prior to exiting the garage you must take this ticket to the parking office for validation. If this does not occur you will be charged the full hourly rate upon exiting the garage.
For more information about parking rates, or if you have any parking issues, please contact Parking and Commuter Services at 206.744.3254.
Garage Locations and Hours
Parking is available in the following garages and ONLY in staff designated areas:
- View Park Garage: Parking on levels C, D, 4, 5 and 6. Entrance is on Eighth Avenue, and the garage is open 24/7, including weekends and holidays.
- Ninth & Jefferson Building Garage: Parking on levels B, C and D. Entrance on Terry off of James Street.
- Boren Garage: Entrance on Terry Street off of Boren Avenue. Accessible with key card for PPUP or SOV permit holders.
- Patricia Bracelin Steel Building Garage: Entrance on Jefferson Street, off of Boren Avenue. Accessible with key card for PPUP or SOV permit holders (open from 6:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. for daily sales).
Call boxes are located at the entry and exits to all garages with a direct line to assistance 24/7. These may also be used when an access card fails to operate.
Parking Access Key Cards
You will be issued an Access card that will give you access to the Harborview garages ($5 refundable deposit required). You must swipe your card at the card reader upon entry into the garage and exiting from the garage. If the gate is open or has malfunctioned, failure to swipe your card could result in additional charges.
If your access key card fails to open the gate you may pull a ticket to enter the garage and then pay either the hourly rate upon exiting the garage or prior to exiting you can go to the Parking Office and purchase a single day pay per use at the PPUP rate. Pulling a ticket is only available at the View Park, NJB and Patricia Steel garages.
If your access key card fails to work you must contact the parking office.
On-Call Parking for Residents and Fellows
Residents and fellows taking call from home who are required to return to Harborview may park in the View Park garage at no charge between the hours of 5 p.m. and 7 a.m., Monday through Friday and all day on weekends and holidays.
- Residents/fellows must obtain an on-call permit by contacting the parking office. If the resident/fellow does not have an on-call permit, he or she will need to pay the parking fee, keep the receipt and give it to his or her program. The program can confirm the call schedule with the parking office and request a refund.
- Residents/fellows who have a SOV day shift parking permit do not need an on-call permit unless parking in an on-call reserved space.
- If a resident/fellow enters or leaves the garage with an on-call permit outside of the approved on-call parking hours, parking fees will be billed to the sponsoring department at the approved or hourly parking rate.
Occasionally on weekdays the View Park Garage will reach capacity. When this occurs, staff are directed to park in the Boren Avenue or the Patricia Steel garages.
Harborview Parking and Commuter Services Office, 8EH70, 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Harborview Parking Office, 206.744.3254 (24/7) or HMCPark@u.washington.edu