Faculty interested in participating in the UWSOM Hooding Ceremony must register with Student Affairs and reserve academic apparel by April 1.
Register online for the ceremony
The School of Medicine provides academic apparel (gown, tam, and hood) for use by faculty members who will participate in the Hooding Ceremony. You will need to indicate your height, head size, and institution from which you received your doctoral degree on the online registration form. Registration is required by no later than April 1 in order to ensure reservation of your apparel. We cannot guarantee that apparel will be available if you register after this date.
Faculty members who have their own academic apparel are encouraged to wear it; however, they must still register online to ensure their reservation in the processional.
If faculty reserve apparel through the School of Medicine via completion of the online form, do not reserve apparel through the UW Office of Ceremonies.
Schedule of Events (please watch for updates)
1:00 p.m.—Faculty arrive at Benaroya
- Please look for signs or staff to direct you.
- Please pick up the apparel labeled with your name. Staff will be available to assist in preparation.
1:15 p.m.— Assemble into line of march
1:30 p.m.—Ceremony begins
- Investiture of Doctoral Hoods and Presentation of Graduation Envelopes
- Award Presentations by Graduates
- Presentation of Class Gift
- Recitation of the Physician's Oath
4:00 p.m.—Ceremony ends