Dr. Walsh is a UW associate professor of urology whose clinical interests include male reproductive and sexual medicine and surgery. He completed his…
Read Full Bio
Patient Care Philosophy
He believes in a comprehensive and multidisciplinary approach to the evaluation and treatment of male infertility and sexual dysfunction. He works closely with experts in female reproductive health to offer comprehensive care to infertile couples. He integrates the most advanced and minimally invasive diagnostic and treatment modalities into his practice.
He loves spending time with his family. He enjoys the outdoors and is an avid cyclist and sailor.
Microscopic vasectomy reversal, advanced sperm retrieval techniques in azoospermic men, no scalpel vasectomy, penile prosthetic surgery, surgical treatment of Peyronie's disease and hormonal therapy for infertility and hypogonadism.
His background in epidemiology and public health guides most of his research interests. The causes of male infertility and its impacts on the individual and society are poorly understood, as are the outcomes of infertility treatments. The underlying aim of Dr. Walsh’s work is to assemble populations of fertile and infertile men of reproductive age, to better understand the impacts of genetics, the environment and other health conditions on male reproductive health, and to understand how male infertility may impact general health later in life.
- Univ. of Washington, School of Public Health & Community MedicineMaster2004
- Northwestern University Medical SchoolMedical education2000
- University of California, San FranciscoFellowship
- University of California, San FranciscoTeaching Appointment
- UW - Dept. of SurgeryInternship
- UW - Dept. of SurgeryResidency
- UW - Dept. of Urology, Byron Joyner, MDResidency
- American Board of UrologyUrology2010