Dr. Varghese is an Associate Professor within the Department of Surgery, University of Washington and the director of the thoracic surgery program at…
Read Full Bio
Patient Care Philosophy
"Ideal health care should be focused on the needs of our patients and their families. Our team of health-care professionals is committed to delivering the highest quality health care possible in an environment of service excellence. We practice state-of-the art medicine in combination with old-fashioned personal attention, thus combining the best in expertise with the best in bedside care. Exceptional patient care is our highest priority."
Family, exercise and sports.
Dr. Varghese is Medical Director of Strong for Surgery, a new initiative in Washington State aimed at identifying and evaluating evidence-based practices to optimize the health of patients prior to surgery. His research interests include methods to promote the uptake of research findings into healthcare (implementation science); educational interventions for patient-centered care; interprofessional education; and surgical outcomes and quality of care research using population-based data, cost & utility analyses and patient-derived outcomes.
- Government Medical College - Trivandrum, Univ. of Kerala, IndiaMedical education1995
- Medical College TrivandrumMedical education1995
- Northwestern University Medical SchoolFellowship
- Northwestern University Medical SchoolInternship
- Northwestern University Medical SchoolResidency
- Northwestern University Medical SchoolTeaching Appointment
- Univ. of Michigan - Dept. of Thoracic SurgeryFellowship
- American Board of SurgeryThoracic Surgery2009
- American Board of SurgeryGeneral Surgery2006