Dr. Colohan is a UW assistant professor in the Division of Plastic Surgery and works primarily at the Center for Reconstructive Surgery at UW Medical…
Read Full Bio
Patient Care Philosophy
She believes that educating patients about their options and involving them in all aspects of their care is key to achieving good outcomes. This is based on good communication and working with a great team of extended healthcare professionals who are all involved in a patient's care.
Traveling, reading, music and the arts. She also has an interest in interior design and enjoys spending time with family and friends.
Reconstruction of cancer defects including microsurgical techniques to reconstruct the breast; and general reconstruction using free flaps, pedicled flaps and perforator flaps.
Clinical outcomes in reconstructive plastic surgery, with emphasis on breast reconstruction; fat grafting for reconstruction of oncologic defects; and optimizing surgical techniques to improve the functional and aesthetic appearance of reconstructive procedures.
- Univ. of Texas Southwestern Medical CenterFellowship2011
- Dalhousie UniversityResidency2010
- London School of Hygiene and Tropical MedicineMaster2007
- Dalhousie UniversityInternship2005
- Dalhousie University Faculty of MedicineMedical education2004
- American Board of Plastic SurgeryPlastic Surgery2012