Dr. Kalina is a UW Professor Emeritus and past chair of the UW Department of Ophthalmology. He is past president of UW Physicians, Director Emeritus of the…
Read Full Bio
Patient Care Philosophy
Dr. Kalina thoroughly enjoys meeting patients and trying to help them solve their health problems.
Travel, birding, hiking
Inherited retinal diseases, retinitis pigmentosa, retinoblastoma, choroidal melanoma.
Retinal diseases and intraocular tumors.
- Univ. of Minnesota, MinneapolisMedical education1960
- Massachusetts Eye & Ear Infirmary/Harvard Medical School ProgramFellowship
- Oregon Health Sciences UnivInternship
- Oregon Health Sciences UnivResidency
- American Board of OphthalmologyOphthalmology1967