Dr. Munsen is a UW clinical associate professor of ophthalmology. His subspecialty is diseases and surgery of the retina and vitreous.
Patient Care Philosophy
Dr. Munsen takes a patient-centered approach and is excited to be practicing at a time when advances in treatment of macular degeneration have helped the vision of so many patients.
Skiing, hiking, biking, singing, playing the piano and attending opera, classical and chamber music performances.
Macular diseases such as macular hole and macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, retinal detachment and eye trauma.
New and investigative treatments for macular degeneration.
- Univ. of IowaMedical education1972
- Maricopa County General HospitalInternship
- Univ. of Michigan Medical CenterResidency
- Univ. of Iowa College of MedicineFellowship
- Harborview Medical CenterTeaching Appointment
- UW - Dept. of OphthalmologyTeaching Appointment
- American Board of OphthalmologyOphthalmology1979