Dr. Raye Maestas is a family physician, associate professor in the Department of Family Medicine, head of Denali College at the University of Washington…
Read Full Bio
Patient Care Philosophy
I believe that health care is a basic human right and every individual patient deserves to be treated with dignity and respect. Every patient encounter is a cross-cultural experience where there is as much for me to learn as there is opportunity to heal.
Gardening, cooking, reading, exercise and weight training, walking. Spending time with my husband Roy and children Andreas and Maria.
Medical student education; domestic violence curriculum devleopment, training and intervention; cross-cultural competency curriculum development and trainingg; behavioral medicine; and teaching.
- Univ. of Washington, School of MedicineMedical education1983
- Providence Family Practice/ Swedish Med. Ctr.Internship
- Providence Family Practice/ Swedish Med. Ctr.Residency
- US Public Health ServiceFellowship
- American Board of Family MedicineFamily Medicine1986