I am passionate about finding answers for patients with devastating muscle diseases, particularly those with congenital myopathies and Duchenne muscular…
Read Full Bio
Patient Care Philosophy
The time spent in face-face interaction with a patient and their family is an extraordinary privilege never to be taken for granted.
Music, hiking, biking, running and BBQ
Dr. Childers' clinical interests include neuromuscular medicine, physical medicine, botox injections for spasticity and cervical dystonia.
The Childers' lab is currently pursuing two areas of investigation. In a series of preclinical studies, we address the hurdles required for systemic gene replacement delivery for patients with X-Linked Myotubular Myopathy (XLMTM). In another study, we use a "disease in a dish" approach using induced pluripotent stem (iPS) cell technology to study heart disease in patients with Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD).
- Western University Of Health ScienceMedical education1990
- Sun Coast HospitalInternship
- Univ. of Missouri - ColumbiaPh.D
- Univ. of Missouri Hospital and ClinicsTeaching Appointment
- Univ. of Missouri-ColumiaResidency
- Wake Forest University School of MedicineTeaching Appointment
- American Board of Physical Medicine & RehabPhysical Medicine & Rehabilitation1995