Dr. Backhus is an assistant professor of surgery in the Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery and Chief of Thoracic Surgery at the VA Puget Sound. She…
Read Full Bio
Patient Care Philosophy
"I believe that all patients should be treated with the utmost respect and dignity. My goal is to apply state-of-the-art medical and surgical techniques in my care of patients with diseases of the chest."
Sports, family, skiing and reading.
Thoracic oncology, including lung, esophageal and chest wall malignancies; lung transplantation; benign diseases of the chest; and minimally-invasive thoracic surgery.
- University of Southern CaliforniaMedical education2000
- UCLA - Divison of Cardiothoracic SurgeryResidency
- Univ. of Southern CalifornaInternship
- Univ. of Southern CalifornaResidency
- American Board of Thoracic SurgeryThoracic Surgery2010
- American Board of SurgeryGeneral Surgery2008