Dr. Sekhar is known around the world for his expertise in treating complex neurosurgical problems, particularly skull base tumors such as acoustic…
Read Full Bio
Treatment of complex neurosurgical disorders, particularly cerebrovascular disorders (aneurysms, arterovenous malformations); cerebral revascularization (for intractable ischemia); skull base tumors (acoustic neuromas, meningiomas, chordomas); complex brain tumors (deep-seated or difficult); microvascular compression disorders (trigeminal neuralgia, hemifacial spasm, disabling vertigo; and craniocervical junction and cervical problems.
Genetics of skull base tumors and aneurysm patients; neural generation: application in stroke and brain stem; optic nerve injuries; technological innovations in neurosurgery; and spirituality and healing in neurosurgical patients.
- Madras Medical CollegeMedical education1973
- John H. Stronger, Jr., Cook County HospitalInternship
- Univ. of Cincinnati College of MedicineResidency
- Univ. of Pittsburgh Medical CenterResidency
- Nordstadt Hospital HanoverFellowship
- Univ. of Pittsburgh Medical CenterTeaching Appointment
- Hospital FochFellowship
- Institute of Neurology, National HospitalFellowship
- University Hospital ZurichFellowship
- George Washington University Medical CenterTeaching Appointment
- American Board of Neurological SurgeryNeurological Surgery1986